Category: Development and Project Management
Work Place: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Closing date: April 01, 2019
Under the overall guidance of the Program Director, READ II Community Outreach, the Community Engagement and Youth Development Advisorwill provide technical support for the successful READ II community outreach program implementation in six regions of Ethiopia that targets to improve the reading proficiency and educational attainment of 15 million children. She/he specifically works towards ensuring sustained community and youth volunteerism for the READ II program by directly engaging Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), the government, the youth, the community at large, the business community and etc. She/he plays technical leadership role on how best the community and the youth volunteers contribute to the READ II community outreach program and particularly engaging the youth volunteers with economic readiness and life skills activities. The ideal candidate for the Community Engagement and Youth Development Advisor shall have a solid experience in community mobilization and viable youth life skills and entrepreneurship endeavors to help achieve sustained community and youth volunteerism on READ II Community outreach program. Experience in designing training packages, initiating public-private partnerships, supporting and coaching entrepreneurial initiatives, and designing and implementing capacity building activities targeted at young people is much preferred for the position.
- Develop a well-studied community mobilization approach that can galvanize sustained community volunteerism for the successful READ II community outreach program implementation.
- Lead national and regional consultative workshops to mobilize the government, the business community, the Federal MoE, regional education bureaus, colleges of teacher education and craft local incentive schemes for the READ II youth volunteers.
- Provide technical leadership in building the capacity of local sub grantees on community mobilization and youth volunteerism approaches.
- Develop different READ II community outreach training manuals and guidelines.
- Advice Local implementing partners (LIPs) to document READ- community outreach project works
- Represent READ-II Community outreach in community and youth related forums, meetings and seminars
- Develop READ Community outreach Radio /TV Spot contents and policy advocacy for programme scale up and sustainability.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, bi –annual and annual program report using USAID/Creative reporting protocol.
Job Requirements: Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- M.SC in Economics , Master of Business Administration / Public Administration , M.A in Education/Social Science
- B.A in English Language or Journalism is a plus
- 5 years for M.Sc/M.A and 7 years for B.A/ B.Sc. holders with relevant project/ program management experience in youth development program at an international NGO or similar organization
- Technical Training qualifications required: Youth development project management.
- Other team management exposure and computer knowledge (word, Excel, lotus note).
- Experience working with civil society organizations, local communities, local government and USG funding and in developing effective training methods.
- Excellent analytical report writing and presentation skills
- Strong team work and partnership management skill
- Facilitation of workshops , surveys and studies
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must require to attach Current CV & fill employment application form which can be found HERE and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Note: we don’t receive hard copies