University or Organization: Hawassa University
Course Level: Master programme
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Sub-Saharan African country Students
The award can be taken inEthiopia
Hawassa University is delighted to announce DAAD In-Country / In-Region program for the academic year of 2020.
These awards are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Hawassa University aspires to be the best university in the nation. The university is offering 81 undergraduate programs, 108 Masters programs, and 16 PhD programs. HU operates 9 Colleges and 2 Institutes.
HU is one of the well-established universities in the country known for its quality education, multidisciplinary and problem-solving researches and a wide range of community services.
Application Deadline: Application Closing Date at host institution: 31 January 2020. Application Closing Date at DAAD Portal (for pre-selected candidates only): 15 April 2020
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African country students can apply for this application .
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any master program offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To qualify for a scholarship,
- Students must have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division) clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- Candidates must have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Students must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants should generally be a staff member of a public or private university,
- Candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for their studies at Hawassa University using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. Additionally, once you submit your application to Hawassa University, please send a short notification to DAAD that you have applied with the subject “Your Surname_First Name_Hawassa” to email@example.com.DAAD In-Country / In-Region program at Hawassa University, Ethiopia
- Supporting Documents: To be applying, documents to be submitted DAAD application form duly filled, Hand signed curriculum vitae, 1 Recommendation letter, Letter of admission, Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts, Letter of motivation, Copy of the identity card.
- Language Requirements: If English isn’t your first language, you must provide evidence that your English language ability meets the requirements.
- Benefits: The scholarship covers fees, Study and research allowance, Printing allowance, Monthly Scholarship, Travel allowance, Health Insurance.