Jobs by Agricultural Transformation Agency-ATA Ethiopia
Category: Agriculture, Development and Project Management, Economics
Career Level: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director)
Employment Type: Full time
Term of Employment: Through July, 2020
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019
The Regional Director for Implementation Support (DIS), through support and alignment with Federal ATA Head office (Implementation Support Vertical) is responsible to introduce, implement and enhance Project Management systems, processes and tools in the regional ATA office. The Director will also oversee the Analytics function in the Regional office in collaboration with the Analytics team in the ATA Head Office. The Director will also have the responsibility to enhance the capacity of the regional staff with respect to project management (the whole cycle). The DIS will support the regional office to enhance the successful delivery of the Agricultural Commercialization Cluster (ACC) & other ATA projects in the Region. The DIS will work very closely with the regional senior Director, the senior director of Implementation support at the head office, regional ATA teams, as well as Regional Bureau of Agriculture. This position will report to the Regional Senior Director of the ATA Office and the Senior Director for Implementation Support at the ATA head office. The position will be based in each of four ATA regional Offices (Oromia, Amhara, Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples’ Region and Tigray).
About ATA Ethiopia: The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.[ad
Essential Duties of the Director:
- With support from the regional Senior Director and In collaboration with the Implementation Support Vertical at the federal ATA office, create a regional Project Management Office (PMO)
- With support from the regional senior Director and In collaboration with the Implementation Support Vertical at the federal ATA office, introduce project management systems, processes and tools in the regional ATA office
- In collaboration with the Director of Analytics team in the Federal ATA office, establishes and manage analytics unit in the regional office
- Builds the capacity of staffs of the regional ATA office with respect to project management (the whole project cycle).
- Leads the monitoring of performance of all projects that are implemented by the regional ATA office, through deploying systems and involving cluster coordinators.
- Reports to the Senior Director of the Regional ATA office and the Senior Director of Implementation Support at the ATA head office.
- Lead, support and manage cluster coordinators
- Perform other related tasks when assigned
- Master’s degree in project management, agricultural economics, business, economics, engineering or other relevant field. Master’s degree in one of the above supplemented with in project management training
- At least 10 years’ relevant professional experience for MSc/MA candidates, in the direct management of large, complex, long-term projects in the public and/or private sectors or in international development institutions, including responsibility for people management, goalsetting, budgeting, work planning, meeting targets, and capacity building
- Highly structured thinker and communicator – who can quickly and clearly envision and explain a system that makes people’s jobs easier
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence people without authority – you get things done even when people don’t report to you and have different priorities
- Highly adaptive and resourceful problem solver in rapidly changing environments – who enjoys the challenge of inventing and iterating creative and practical solutions
- Energized by a fast-moving environment with an emphasis on high performance, accountability and results ,has a drive for excellence and enjoy being around others with the same drive
- Strong set of personal values, including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service – this is your bedrock when all else is uncertain
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent preferred
- Previous PMO management experience is advantageous
- Fluency in English, Amharic, and the specific regional language where the position resides is required
How to Apply:
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed ATA Application Form FINDHERE and include “Application for Director, Regional Implementation Support , Specify the region of interest” in the Cover Letter.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.