Category: Health Care, Water and Sanitation
Location: Hawassa, with frequent travels to the project sites, SNNPR
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization.
Length of employment Contract/project: Until December 31, 2020.
Under Direct supervision of WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) Program Manager, The Project Manager (PjM) will be primarily responsible for managing ‘Improvement of Health, Hygiene and Sanitation’ project overall implementation in Sidama Zones in collaboration with project team. S/he will manage Improvement of Health, Hygiene and Sanitation project in the widest sense of Project cycle management, responsible for the successful implementation and administration. In particular, PjM is not only responsible to attain the specific results in terms of proper quality and time of the activities, but also to ensure that all necessary administrative/financial rules related to the implementation of those activities are followed. PM is also responsible of achieving the intended change in the community and according to the project indicators. S/he will be responsible to provide guidance and technical oversight for ensuring quality of the project through working in strong collaboration with pertinent government bodies, private actors and NGOs with close cooperation with PIN Financial and Logistic department and other staff working under the project.
- Successful implementation of all stages of the project’s cycle, including M&E, budget and procurement management.
- Liaison with partner institutions and fulfilling all contractual obligations,
- Adhering to PIN, government and donors’ policies.
- Internal and external reporting
- Ensure an excellent working relationship with partners, local government and communities
- Coordinate and build the capacity of field coordinator and Hygiene and sanitation promoters
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health Science, Water and Environment or other related fields of study.
- Minimum of 4-year experience in project management position is desirable.
- Experience working in the NGO environment is advantageous
- Strong and proven project management skills
- Experience with programs focused on Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Strong writing and reporting skills(weekly, bi annual and annual)
- Experience in partnering with Ministry water, and Health, Bureau of Water and Health, Zonal & Woreda Water and Health Departments/Offices
- Excellent planning, budgeting, monitoring and organizational and communication skills
- Experience in SNNP Region set up
- Excellent analytical, team work, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent coordination and mobilization skill
- Computer friendly (Word, excel, power point )
- Excellent knowledge of spoken & written of English language. knowledge of local language (Sidamic) is advantageous
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: CLICKHERE until April 7, 2019
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.