Jobs at Catholic Relief Services-Ethiopia
Category: Accounting and Finance
Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Application Deadline: April 05, 2019
Job summary and about CRS:
As a Grants Officer, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partners advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
“Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/ Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/ Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/ Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS.
- Organize and lead the management of project grant activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan and approved annual budgets in line with CRS financial management and sub-recipient policies and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Work with DFSA partners to review and explain budget levels, timelines, allow-ability, etc. and plan quarterly/yearly expenditures. Process financial documents (advances and liquidations) submitted by DFSA partners and verify that they are accurate and validated by support documentation.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project grant activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities regarding budgeting and compliance to CRS and USAID regulations and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze budget and expenditure implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and budget implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize partners and promote project grant activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation in line with requested budgets and expenditure reports and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities (financial management and compliance) to ensure assigned project grant activities are implemented per CRS and donor financial and compliance guidelines and standards as well as managing risk.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of spending analysis reports for CRS expenditures as well as those of partners.
- Participate on the sub-recipient financial monitoring process to conduct regular monitoring on JEOP partners’ internal control system, support partners to develop internal control improvement plans and make a close follow up and support for the actual implementation of these plans.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
Job Requirements- Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Completion 2nd Degree (Social or Natural Science) or 1st Degree (Social or Natural Science).
- 2 years’ experience for 2nd Degree or 5 years for 1st Degree ideally in the field of Business Administration or Finance, with an NGO.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply:
Please enter via LINK to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV and application letter before the application deadline April 05, 2019.
These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
Note: CRS is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
To find out more of vacant position from the same company click here